Samsung 860 EVO Series 250GB SSD Review

<![CDATA[I am going to be reviewing the Samsung 860 EVO Series 250GB solid state drive. I purchased the SSD for my home motherboard which was the ASUS Prime B2-50 Plus motherboard. I think the solid state drive was a quality lower end option that exceeded my expectations and did not break the bank!

I love using Samsung products so I had no doubt that the Samsung 860 EVO Series SSD would be a great fit. Samsung was founded on March 1, 1938 by Lee Byung-chul. Their headquarters are located in Seoul, South Korea and as of 2016 Samsung had the 6th highest brand value in the world (Wikipedia).

The solid state drive can run for up to 1.5 million hours. This is a long time. When installing the Samsung 860 EVO Series SSD it was a breeze. The installation disk was not needed during the time of setup. Overall, it made my computer 1-2 times faster after installing the SDD. The solid state drive also has 3D NAND memory components.

Specifications:

• Speed: 550 MB/s read and 520 MB/s write
  • Size: 250 GB
  • Input/ Output per Second: up to 90,000 IOPS write and 98,000 IOPS read
  • Transfer Rate: 6Gb/s
  • SLC/MLC/TLS: 3 bit MLC (Since it is MLC it means that it is doubled the amount of bits per cell)

I would recommend the Samsung 860 EVO Series 250GB SSD for anyone looking to purchase a lower end solid state drive for a home motherboard. The drive met all of my computers needs in order to make it run faster and more efficient. It also had a lower power consumption, used for cooling and speed. The total cost of the solid state drive on Newegg was $94.99. This is not a bad price for the specs you are gaining for your PC. Although there is probably a cheaper option you could find through research, the Samsung 860 EVO Series 250GB SSD was a great option that will not disappoint!
Note:  This review is part of a classroom project.
References:

• www.newegg.com/Product/
  • en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung
  • www.samsung.com/semiconductor/
  • www.newegg.com/Product/

]]>