GIGABYTE AORUS NVMe Gen4 SSD 500GB Hard Drive Review

Today I will be reviewing the GIGABYTE AORUS NVMe Gen4 SSD 500GB! I got this for a business PC I’ve been building for one of my customers. I’ve gotten stuff from GIGABYTE before. I managed to grab this for $89 which I believe is a really good price for what you are getting.

First of all, I love the beautiful pink metallic finish on it. It pops out compared to all of the other dully colored hardware inside the PC. This might be a pro for some people like me but it might not be so great for others who want a monotone inside so think about that before purchasing. From all of the use and time I’ve spent with this hard drive, I must say I have 0 complaints! It’s built super well and is definitely worth your money. It was also super easy to install with in-the-box instructions.

Now for the most important part, the specs. This beast includes a huge 5000 MB/s sequential read and a 2500 MB/s sequential write speed. Its random read IOPS is up to 400k and its random write IOPS is up to 550k! It has a great MTBF with a long 1.77 million hours. This is also a TLC hard drive which is something to keep in mind while purchasing. It also has a really nice warranty of 5 years and 850 TBW. Overall, this hard drive is a great buy for anyone out there looking for a great choice.

Note: This review is part of a classroom project.

References:

AORUS NVMe Gen4 SSD 500GB specsĀ 

newegg