Occasionally a Windows system will decide to bother us with a blue screen of death. There are a few things we can do that may (and usually does) fix the issue.
- Open Powershell as an administrator and run: sfc /scannow
- This will search for bad windows files and replace them.
- Now run : DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- This will really do the same but replace them from Microsoft services if the above command could not fix them.
- Lastly, run: chkdsk /r /f
- This will do a checkdisk on your OS drive and attempt to repair the errors. You technically could do this first, but I got the BSOD when I did it in that order, and fixed my issue when I did it in this order.
- You will have to do a restart to allow the chkdsk to run on the OS drive.