GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GA-Z170X-Gaming 3 Motherboard Review

<![CDATA[High-quality PC building is a very pricey thing to do.  Some of the best builds can cost up to 3,000 dollars and much higher.  This can cause builders to skimp on some products like the motherboard. The GA-Z170X-Gaming Motherboard is full of performance for its price. It also was not the worst experience for the $335 price tag.
GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GA-Z170X-Gaming 3 (rev. 1.0) LGA 1151 Intel Z170 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
This motherboard has many expansions slots for gaming and video editing. It also has amazing specifications

• Intel Z170 Chipset
  • LGA 1150 Socket Type
  • Supports 6th and 7th generation Intel Processors (I7, I5, I3, Pentium, and Celeron)
  • Supports 4 sticks of DDR4 RAM duel channel
    • running at 2133 and overclocked speeds
    • maxing out at 64 GB
  • 3 PCI E x16 3.0 Slots (Shielded to support the weight of heavy graphics cards)
  • 3 PCI E x1 3.0 Slots
  • 9 SATA III connectors and 2 M.2 slots
  • 6 SATA 6 Gb/s connectors
  • 3 SATA Express Connectors
  • 2 M.2 Socket 3 Connectors
  • Support for 3-Way/2-Way AMD CrossFire and 2-Way NVIDIA SLI Technology
  • Supports On-board Video, Audio and LAN
    • Integrated Graphics Processor-Intel HD Graphics support
    • Realtek ALC1150
      • 2/4/5.1/7.1-channel
    • Killer E2201 LAN chip
      • 10/100/1000Mbps

These specifications are pretty hefty for a board this price. This motherboard is in theory a great choice for high end gaming or editing. There are also many drawbacks for this board. Its flimsy when it came to plugging the power connector in. Even after the board had a decent start and work fine for a while, it had died just a few months after installing it into my PC.
There are also many review one Newegg of people who had the same problem as me.
Donald V stated;
Pros: Performed well for 8 months. Installation and operation were as expected. Nice layout and features.
Cons: Died after 8 months. First board to die on me but I am not a heavy hitter. Just a gamer who updates for some added performance every 2 years or so. Minor OC. ”
Also an anonymous user stated;
“Pros: Works well easy uefi and easy board software
Cons: Width is slightly shorter than a normal atx board. I wouldn’t have bought it if I new that because the 24 pin power hangs on the end and the amount of force to insert the 24 pin is scary sometimes afraid of cracking the board. Also had 2 USB ports stop working on the motherboard.”
There were also many other reviews of people who had problems that had issues with it working after just a few months and had components short out.
In conclusion, this is a solid board to buy and use, but the long term of the board is not good at all due to it dying very shortly. Though it is a solid board, I personally would not recommend it due to the lifespan.

Note:  This review is part of a classroom project.

To see more you can go to Newegg and Toms Hardware
 ]]>

One thought on “GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GA-Z170X-Gaming 3 Motherboard Review

1. This is one of the best posts I personally have ever seen. Thank you for this useful information and I hope to hear more from you as you are a very trustworthy source. You are a very entertaining person who made me giggle a little because of the way it tickled my fancy. I believe I may start relying on you before I go to other sources for information of this type. This had been a very commendable post and I hope you proceed in this career as you already have a vast knowledge of this information that could potentially be very useful to others as it did me. You should apply to a high-end college as they might find use in what you have to offer in terms of knowledge of this. If you put your mind to it, you could lead your own class to teach it to those who need it.