AMD Ryzen 5 7600x Review

AM4 was a success with it being continually used since 2016 with customers like myself being extremely happy with the performance of the AM4 lineup but now its time for a new area of CPUs. With AM5’s socket and its Zen 4 CPU microarchitecture, we can expect even better performance than the previous generation, and the Ryzen 5 7600x does not let down the expectations.

The Ryzen 5 7600x has 6 cores and 12 threads, and with a base clock of 4.7 GHz and a boost clock of 5.3 GHz, this CPU gives its predecessor, the Ryzen 5 5600x, a run for its money. The Ryzen 5 7600x has 384KB of L1 Cache, 6MB of L2 Cache, and 32MB of L3 Cache, which provides an ideal amount of core memory that allows you to do all the gaming and workstation tasks you need. This allows me to play Farming Simulator 22, Fortnite, Flight Simulator, and great FPS without having to buy the most expensive GPU on the market.

With a PassMark score of 28,650, and a rank of 273, this CPU nears the top 8 percent of CPUs on the market. My personal experience so far has been great with this CPU and I only have a couple of bad things to say about it. First of all, unfortunately, this CPU does not come with a cooler for the $228.95 that it costs on Amazon right now. It kinda stinks comparing it to Ryzens 3rd gen CPUs that normally came with a cooler when bought new. In conclusion, I would give this CPU a 4.5 out of 5 stars compared to the 4.6-star rating that it has on Amazon because of its ultimate performance, but if you use an AM4 chip right now, I would suggest waiting a little longer before investing in the AM5 socket so maybe you could snatch a CPU like this at a little better price.

Note: This review is part of a classroom project.