G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series Review

<![CDATA[I bought the Ripjaws V Series memory after looking around for a fast business RAM without completely breaking the bank. While this is a fairly fast memory chip, I feel as though I could have gotten one just as fast for less money. I paid $208 for two 8GB memory on newegg.com
I’ve never bought any products from G.SKILL so I had to do quite a bit of research. For those of you like me here is some information:
G.Skill is known for its range of DDR, DDR2, DDR3, and DDR4 computer memory. RAM is available in single channel, dual channel, triple channel and quad channel packs for desktops, workstations, HTPC, as well as netbooks and laptops.G.Skill was shown to be the only DDR4 manufacturer not vulnerable to Rowhammer.G.Skill does not manufacture the memory dies, it purchases the memory dies and assembles them into a DIMM memory module ready for sale to customers.(G.SKILLWiki)
Warning: This memory was tested on my ASUS Prime B350M-A/CSM motherboard. The results may differ when using a different motherboard.
Benchmarks:

• DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600)
  • Capacity: 8GB (2 x 4GB)
  • Non-Parity
  • Non-ECC
  • Dual Channel
  • CAS Latency: 16
  • Timing:16-16-16-36
  • Type: 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM
  • Access Time: 6.25 Ns

I went into this testing with high expectations. I was right to have these expectations as the Ripjaws V Series is EXTREMELY fast. I did not need to tweak or change anything about the performance. I’m sure that if I had used a higher end motherboard or even a gamer, it might not be able to keep up. Though this memory is fast I feel as though the price is too much. When I was looking at this RAM the first time it was around $150 and I can’t imagine why they increased the price so dramatically. If you are willing to pay the price this is a decent memory for a home and business motherboard but I suggest going with something more inexpensive.

Note:  This review is part of a classroom project.
References: 

]]>